Hello, my name is Brandon Zeek. This is my professional website where I show some of my side projects, work experience, and drop the occasional blog post. My hope is that it will give you deeper insight into my skills as a Software Developer and me as a person.
PernixJan 2020 – Present
REMOTE - Austin, TX
While in this remote role at Pernix I engineered software with an emphasis on designing and building Golang microservices. I developed and maintained several SaaS products and APIs (Fuse, TopRank, Block&Filter, Control Suite) with a stack based on the following technologies: Golang, Python, NodeJS, MySQL (RDS), Postgres (Redshift), React and several AWS products such as Lambda, Glue, Cloudwatch, CodeCommit, Codebuild, S3 and DynamoDB.
I led a team of software contractors to meet the goals of the business during the outbreak of Covid-19.
HMG CreativeFeb 2018 – Jan 2020
GoMedigap (eHealth)Nov 2014 – Oct 2017
Round Rock, TX
Encore Talent ProductionsApril 2012 – January 2014
- I built a web app using Python and PHP in the Symfony Framework that allowed Judges to adjudicate dance competitions replacing manual Excel spreadsheets and a paper system.
- Used WordPress and custom PHP to build the company website.
- Built and deployed hardened and encrypted Linux Servers to store company files.
ImplyDesignsMarch 2011 – January 2014
- Worked closely with design team to implement designs that were responsive, performance optimized, and easy to maintain for non-technical clients.
Freelance Web Developer
ZeekTechGeekMay 2009 – May 2012
Bachelor of Applied Science in Biology (B.A.Sc.)
University of Cincinnati2011 – 2014
- Major in Biological Science with Minor in Computer Science.
- President of the Pre-Med Association.
- Active Volunteer at the West Chester Hospital for 2 years.
- Active Member of the Board for the Multicultural Club.
- Active Member of the Speaking Club.
Hobbies & Interests
- Augmented Reality
- Virtual Reality
- Ocean Exploration
- Music Production
- Computer Generated Art
- Science Fiction